Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Training Isuue #4080: Why was I tired on that ride/workout?

I'm sure we all have those days where our minds are ready to go out and have a good ride. Then for some reason we seem to have nothing in the tank. No mojo. Here are some things to consider:
  1. Was the competition just too hott for me?
  2. How was my sleep this past week and last night?
  3. Did I have an intense week compared to where I am in the overall training?
  4. Was my chain making noises like a tank tread?
  5. Did I have to ride like a bat-out-of-hell just to get to the ride on time?
I showed up at Hains Point yesterday and had a crappy time (1.8 laps until BLOWN?!). After checking my WKO and Garmin/Powertap data, here is what happened:
  1. Put in about 700 kJ of work in 40 minutes to arrive "on time" (way too much).
  2. Was sick for the beginning of January, then had a strong week: gym, ride, ride, gym, rest, gym, huge ride, rest, rest, then Hains Point.
  3. Chain needed second oiling after being thoroughly cleaned (oops).
  4. Sleep was ok.

1 comment: