Friday, June 4, 2010

Church Creek TT practice: negative split, how fast can I go, who is faster, X-1 launch from a B2

Church Creek is tomorrow and I am a good mix of anxious and excited.  It has been several years since I have done well there.  I have been using a Hed3 front clincher, zipp disc rear tubular, and an aero helmet (Rudy, now an Advantage2).  I have been using shoe covers.  I have had the same TT frame, fork, bars since 2006.  So there is no equipment for me to upgrade, really (2011 Felt DA, what?!)
I went out yesterday after a rest day to practice some TT efforts.  I did an 8 mile negative split interval (laps 7 and 8 at the bottom), and a 3 mile field test (lap 10). I practice because there has a been slowing trend in the last 3 years.
2008- 58:32 25.4 mph
2007 56:53, 26.2 mph (?)
2006
2005 57:55 25.7mph (won the 4s)
I have been looking at the start roster trying to figure all the people who will beat me, its hard to predict.
I want to have a negative split (second half faster than first half), I hope it feels like the video below.
I did go back to an old TT trick:  the high pressure, 700x20 front tire clincher.  For me, it makes a ton of difference- it says Supersonic on it...  that has to be good, right?



NAsa movie with an X-1 launch from a B-2.
















          













1 comment:

  1. Supersonic...you see the "s' is for super and the "u" is for unique. The "p" is for perfectian and you know that we are freaks. The "e" is for exotic and the "r' is for rap. So tell those nosey people just to stay the hell back. Supersonic!

    ReplyDelete