Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Mt. Weather Ride on 3 bottles and 3 bars. Ride data.

We covered the, apparently, well-known 55 mile ride in about 3.5 hours.
I do not go uphill very well.  This fact was overwhelmingly obvious when we hit the base of the main climb about 23 miles into the ride.

Love My Garmin Edge:  In the morning I get to the parking lot and Ian's Garmin Edge 705 has the route stored in it as a GPX file under "Saved Courses".  We "beamed" the course to my Garmin and Todd's Garmin in about 2 minutes each.  That was the first time I had wirelessly shared data between head units.

Quote of the day:
Steve: We know that some of you cannot climb, so the rest of us will wait at the top.
Me: Steve, how will I know when I have reached "the top"?
Steve: It is where we will all be waiting for you.

Time: 03:13:21
Distance: 54.57 mi
Elevation Gain: 4,642 ft










No comments:

Post a Comment