Monday, April 27, 2009

First day back on my own bike, outside, with power, warm weather; I love riding.

I spent last week trying to workout on a hotel fitness bike. I had my polar HRM with worked with the fit bikes they had. I managed to lose 1 pound and keep some fitness.4 consecutive morning on the fitness bike 60-80 minutes each. BY THE WAY, those bikes shut down after one hour.
SUPER MASSIVE POPUP WITH YESTERDAYS POWER GRAPH!

After grouting some tile most of the day, and missing the 8:30 ride, which I hear was awesome, I had to get out. (ALL GROUTING DONE, FINALLY; I'll post on that after we clean and seal the natural stone tile) I had not been on an actual bicycle since Dolan. I was itching to ride.

At about 6pm I saddled up and went out and did the route for the Goon.


I had no idea how much I missed riding! It was one of those super-corny moments; I just felt like a million bucks. I will post right here and right now that my motivation is high, I look forward to racing, I want to train, I look forward to tough trainer workouts, etc. We'll see how I feel by July 1. This is Sundays "Do-Nothing-Feel-Great-Glad-To-Be-Home" Ride. 1:30, average and normalized watts far below threshold. See you on the Goon this Tuesday.

4 comments: