Saturday, December 19, 2009

Last two weeks: Summary of Deadlegs Syndrome.

Today I had to get off of my trainer after about 38 minutes. Uggg. I hopped on because I was getting bored and feeling guilty about lounging around with cabin fever. I have dead legs for a good reason I think.

The five days before my last power test on Saturday December 12th on Skyline Dr, I did not get on the bike at all (DEC 7-11th). I did one whole gym routine and one shortened gym routine that week.

Following that power test, the next form of exercise was Haines Point the following Tuesday (Dec. 15). I tried to make a 2.5 hour ride out of it. That day at HP was very difficult, eventhough I was struggling I still love it on those days when the pace is hot all around the loop (thanks Chuck!). I felt bad, like way too much time off, I definitely was way over-rested, lost some fitness.
Wednesday December 16th, hit the gym. I had time to do my full 70 minute routine. I added 1 min over-geared exercise bike reps to my 2 minute jump rope reps and made it a 9 minute super set (2 jump, 1 bike, 2 jump 1 bike etc). Definitely got the HGH flowing.
By the way, I already do the whole stack on both hip machines (think "Thighmaster") and I am a few plates away from doing sets with the whole stack on the leg press machine (the one featured in recent blog entry about single leg). It is labeled 390 but that is only relative to that specific machine.
Thurs Dec 17, trainer workout at home with my new fan. I did 4 intervals with full recovery in between. 5 min @ 292W, 5 min @ 326W, 10 min @ 308W, 20 min @ 274W, then a little 10 min @ 184. Making the switch back to the trainer was annoying, I need a bigger window and fan.
Friday Dec 18th, back to the gym, I resumed doing triple sets of the main power exercises (smith machine squats and leg press). I STILL keep the pace fast between sets and between exercises. BEST SONG FOR A 4-5 minute jump rope interval: Till I Collapse by Eminem it has about a 40 second intro for you to get going. I also did a crazy "down the rack" set of incline flys just for old times sake. I followed the fitness ball abs with 1 minute planks- ouch!

Your body is craving to give you steroids, natural steroids that God gave us all. You just have to ask it in the right way; to have the pituitary gland drop it into your bloodstream. You cannot ask nicely or half-assed.

In short: too much time off with questionable sleep, then a fast return to training.

No comments:

Post a Comment