Thursday, May 20, 2010

Holy Haines Point Bus Routes...

What on earth was going on today?  If you were at Haines Point then you saw buses going every which way including jamming on the brakes to turn left from the right side of the road- with the whole peloton behind it.
I got pinched so bad I had to u-turn to go back and wait for everyone to come back by.

I had the TT bike out today with the super geeky sleeveless jersey.  Got some real sun.  I have a hilly 40k on Sunday with the new Zipp disc- I THINK I can get in right at 1 hour.

Definitely the nicest weekday of 2010. 

3 comments:

  1. I think they loosened the parking restrictions there sometime in the past few months. The place is damn near unusable after 9am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i left after lap 1, it was way too sketchy. apparently they closed another area in the tidal basin where the buses used to park and suggested they go to HP. if this doesn't change, then noon ride RIP. arlington hill ride is a great option--possibly a better workout too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was crazy there today with all the buses!
    MF fill me in on the Arlington Hill ride details. RW

    ReplyDelete