Thursday, May 7, 2009

3 days off after the Hop; "rest"

After the bunny hop 2009, 1/2/3 and 3/4 race where I rode strong and did effortful things in both races I was tired.

My form is coming around well and I don't want to lose any MOJO.

Partly because of scheduling and practical issues (my trainer is in my truck in the shop which has taken 3x as long as it should have) I decided to rest and feel how I feel.

This is a before picture of my "rest" days.









What you see there is a junky cluttered kitchen with original cabinets and range from the late 80s. I decided to do some demo!






Got out everything but the kitchen sink... then that had to go also.



New appliances arrive today between 2 and 6p.
When you are building a new kitchen, pick the cabinets first. Then pick your granite. Then choose flooring to go with that.
Then plan your wall color/trim; then the extras, lighting, hardware, accessories, etc.

Granite measure person is coming Monday. This unit is going onto the market in 2 weeks! Lots to do. This is not my real job, FYI.

Doesn't make for good "rest" days either. This is life, this is bike racing in the real world.

Rock on.

1 comment:

  1. You call that resting? I would have rather been on the bike than doing construction work, and trust me, I have done my fair share of kitchen remodels.

    ReplyDelete