Thursday, May 21, 2009

Goon ride, Tuesday May 19. Hott as ever!




The goon ride this past Tuesday was fun as hell. The pace was great the whole way around. I even messed around and attacked on the hill in the park only to totally blow myself up, it was awesome. Plenty of strong riders in the bunch. The yellow line is at 400W, the red line is at 170 HR.


I had not pedalled SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY! Oh well, thats training in the real world. My friend Robb was nice enough to fix my bike after I broke it at Ft Ritchie, BIKE DOCTOR FREDERICK was nice enough to get me special order parts in 3 days at a steep steep discount. Big shout out to Brian Wizawaty BD-Frederick owner. Got new aluminum Deda bars narrower and shallow drop- hott; and tape, replaced the saddle in white (Fizik airone) new tires too. Oh yeah, finally got my new Carbones!!


In other news, I am waiting for the granite to be installed at the remodel project. The four 5" recessed lights came out nice, the under cabinet IKEA lights (all 6 stainless puck) look far better than I ever imagined. this is a shot before all the cabinets were done:

2 comments:

  1. What kind of tires did you get? I'm tire-obsessed right now and convinced that if I find the right set I'll finish above 18th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIchelin Pro Race 3s, I had super old tires (Pro Race 2s). They are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete