Friday, May 8, 2009

Thursday, still tired. Ft. Ritchie tomorrow, UGG!

The name of the blog is The Training Effect. This Effect is based on the age old principles of Overload and Recovery. The Human Body is incredibly adaptive.


It will adapt to a lifetime of sofa-sitting and smoking the same as it will adapt to controlled pre-season into a good early-season.


I had a big week last week, see my earlier post. After Bunny Hop I was tired. I have now had 4 days of NO PEDALLING. This concerns me a lot. I had the opportunity to ride last night, but I reclined on the sofa and it felt REALLY good to lie down. Hmmm, I took that as a sign that I was tired. I definitely should have done an hour in power zone 2/3. Endurance/Tempo. But I did not. I am concerned that Saturday's Ft. Ritchie crit will feel awful.

Today I will do a modified PRE-RACE spin... here's to hoping.

In other news, the appliances arrived at the remodel job and WOW. "COUNTER DEPTH" fridges are twice the cost of regular fridges. Yes, I know: IT'S LESS FRIDGE, FOR MORE MONEY?!?! But check it out, huge difference from old to new.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah the idea about "recovery" is so boring. I wanna ride and didn't ride all week, and now I feel like a sloth. I'm planning on a spin this evening too but hopefully tomorrow I won't be pedaling with heavy legs and a stiff back. Hopefully your muscle strain is gettin' better too.

    BTW, I accidentally rejected the comment you posted on my blog because I was using my ipod touch and the icons were small... repost if you feel so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it takes restraint to have a recovery day; I couldn't help myself fromm doing demo!
    the power meter helps a lot though; good recovery is hold 150W average for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they gave upgrade points for not riding, I'd be a Cat 1 by now.

    ReplyDelete