Sunday, May 24, 2009

the week going into RFK crit.









This was Saturday's pre-race ride before RFK Crit 2009. I had been doing manual labor (painting, sanding, using a trim nailer, chop saw, etc) and the temperature finally dropped by 7p, so I went out into Rock Creek Park. I essentially covered the Goon route (geez, its like I'm addicted). After the turn to come North under Military Rd, I gave it a good 5 minute effort, thats pictured above. Peak 5 min was: 105 KJ of work, avg W349; here is my favorite part min was 256W and max was 486.... steady!




I was steady maybe because of where I did the interval: Google Earth Map via Garmin Training Center:




I Feel great because: Goon on 5/19/09, Wednesday was some recovery/endurance effort, Thursday 5/21/09 Goon, Friday-no biking, Saturday- see above.


Thursday's Goon Ride was a RIDICULOUS Harley/Richmond Pro shoot out. I got dropped on the hill and never saw those guys again; after doing at least 2 1min efforts averaging over 400-500W. in the minutes before the hill. 37 mph, crushing it. I was on the front as we ripped through the windy part that takes you over the lumpy bridge... so hott.



Over the bridge (marked by the faint black arrow) I was in the middle of a 452W effort (1 min), speed was 28 mph, heart rate jacked up at 178. I only got on the front after being 2nd wheel to Richmond Pro for a seriously monster effort in the 35-40 mph range- no joke.

I love it when I am riding with people that are a lot stronger than me- super fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment