Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ft. Ritchie 3 race was worse than expected, broken carbon bars, who crashed me?




I was tired all last week playing Bob Vila. I love the course at Ft. Ritchie.
I even felt not-great during my warmup, uggg. To top it off, I was second and then first wheel for the first few laps, WAY TOO MUCH POWER GOING OUT.
The two yellow lines on the power graph at at 400W and 700W.

I start loathing myself when I show up to a race tired, but this is racing in the real world.

Then on the straightest, flatest, widest part of the course when I was 7th wheel, strung out, 5th and 6th wheel decided to crash each other. I went over the top, slid on my back, cracked my bars... Then, like I have CIA training, while sliding I got my feet under me and sprang up!

It's all true. I got new wheels this week and I am going to try and rest up for Crash Jam, oops I mean Bike Jam 2/3.

Real world sucks. Here is my workout Monday and Tuesday: 10min warmup on trainer with TT bike (and no powertap b/c it needed trueing). 20 min high effort, 5 min cool.

Yes, thats right, a whole 35 min a day. Still better than last week.



In other news, I did finish up some bad-ass flooring work.


this is the nasty-ass before picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment