Thursday, March 18, 2010

7 days off/sick, 5 days until race #1: What to do? Performance Mg Chart included.

You can see the fall off in the pink line that shows I did nothing for 7 days.  I had originally posted that it was 4 days off.  I thought I would get out and ride last Friday, but I kept feeling like total dog-crap.  Vint Hill is coming up, 1st race of the year, and I was able to ride again on Monday, race is Saturday.  So what the hell should training look like when you took 7 days off- before which one was feeling like a new rider, feeling like maybe his off-season was really going to prove useful?
I decided to ride everyday and slowly increase the training stress.  The graph makes it look dramatic, remember the average was low, so each day I ride it jumps up.
Day 1, Monday, 3/15: 94 minutes, TSS 92.7, IF .766
Day 2, Tuesday, 3/16: 94 minutes, TSS 119.4, IF .87
Day 3, Wednes., 3/17: 82 minutes, TSS 128, IF .96

Today, I will ride a bit.  Should be TSS around 100, but 2 hours (I hope).  that is an easy ride.  I keep an eye on the total kJ when I need to ride like that. 

Day 3 was a little more than planned.  I felt the need to do a 30sec rep because Bruno and I were talking about them; then Robb and I started a 3 person Wednesday goon ride with a guy I didn't know- but he was crushinG it.

No comments:

Post a Comment