Friday, March 12, 2010

No blogs, no riding. Got myself sick, 4 days rest.

You may be asking yourself "Where is that one blog where the guy puts up his power profiles but won't discuss real FTP numbers?"

The answer is that I have been trying to rest. My Performance Manager Chart in WKO+ showed me that my Training Stress Balance was getting shoved into negative digits since before the two races at Richmond International (is it really international?) Raceway.

Sure enough. Got sick by:
  • hitting the wine fest the next day (poor recovery)
  • crushing it even harder 48 hours later on Monday
  • crushing it even harder still at the holy heck Haines Point Madness on Thursday
  • waiting 2 days, then going on an epic rolling 4 hour ride with stellar new teammate Bruno
I fought the sickness by:
  • Nyquil to sleep and/or nap soundly
  • Tons of Gatorade/water with Emergen-C (tangerine) in it
  • Lots of yogurt to boost GI immunoeficiency
  • No training at all
  • Humidifier at around 45% to help the breathing
Lesson learned. If I get around to it, I'll out up the PMC to show how it predicted this whole bullshizz.

No comments:

Post a Comment