Thursday, March 4, 2010

What the holy heck Haines Point Thursday madness

Let's just say that if you were there, then you KNOW what I am talking about!

Haines Point was beautiful today. Plenty of folks showed up, ready to rock with the super duper headwind.

All I remember is Chuck Hutch and (I think) Brian Butts made a break with 2-3 others...

it gets a little hazy after that. I think the rest of us poor suckers were chasing, but not really.

It was a great day for hard work. I had 45 minutes under me before things got hot. I made one move on the second to last lap, with a tailwind, it was short lived but glorious (for me). Otherwise, just drilling it around the whole course. That was tough!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that was awesome. The hardest part was the tailwind section headed south. There is very little draft when headed that fast with the wind. Into the wind was "easier"...strange. Link below gives weather/wind details from DCA. That is perfect for knowing conditions at HP. 20 mph wind right off the potomac:
    http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KDCA.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. was a good time. too bad we missed the break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my carbones almost put me down riding back home due to a wind shear (sp?)

    ReplyDelete