Monday, February 8, 2010

Feb. 8, CTS TT Video, power profile

I went with another extended warmup. Hit the two 1 min warm-ups, then rested for the beginning sets.
Video starts with three 5min intervals, with 5min rest-between-intervals (RBI).
I picked a wattage that I thought would be the lowest of the three, I chose pretty well. Got to take each interval a little higher than before.
The other exercise in this video is a 12 min interval. Starts off with a higher cadence for the first two, then a lower cadence for the next two minutes...etc. 3 hi, 3 lo, all at a set wattage.

I think I aimed low for all four intervals. However, heart rate was supposed to be contained.. like a good 40k TT pace.
1st 5min: 295 NP
2nd 5min: 297 NP
3rd 5min: 308 NP
12 min: about 264 NP.

3 comments:

  1. Your five min time looks great for sure. I'm interested whether the 12 min at 264 was easier than the 5 min reps at 300? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same kind of thing, I wanted to pick a wattage that was comparable.
    Effort was a little easier, BUT switching up and down a gear or two (to raise and lower cadence) was really challenging. It seemed like the cadence I wanted was between gears.
    So, effort slightly easier, focus more challenging. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm going to go get a cheeseburger. that looks tiring.

    ReplyDelete