Monday, February 22, 2010

Same old bike, but here is where I spent my equipment budget: Moving Parts.


Our sponsor is the best, Bike Doctor, and my teammates are a great bunch of guys.
Through sweet sponsorship and teammates' connections this is where the cash for 2010 went:
1. Shoes: Shimano R- 300, heat shrink mold. I broke my shoes crashing out last year, and borrowed a pair of nike shoes from my brother (that I gave to him) that I ride in the meantime. Not yet in use.
2. Chain. Dura-ace 7800. Not yet in use.
3. Crankset. 175 Dura-ace 7900: longer than my 172.5's. Sold the other cranks to Fife and he installed my new cranks for me.
4. Bottom bracket: Dura-ace. Not yet in use.
5. Pedals/cleats (birthday present). I also got the speedplay grease gun so I PROMISE I will maintain them properly. Not yet in use.

Soon to come:
Wheel bearings. I am not going to get ceramics. I race with Mavic Carbone's Powertap. I am just getting really good stainless bearings.


I am waiting to get the shoes molded and install the rest of the stuff. I want to wait to use all of the new stuff until I am nearing race fitness and know what my 2010 power numbers are like. Last year I hit the goon ride with a new bottom bracket and easily crushed my PEAK 5 MIN POWER, it was remarkable. I think the placebo effect helps too.

Otherwise I have the same SRAM Red cassette. The I might get a new rear derailleur or just replace the little wheels, just a little obsessive to make the moving parts thing complete.

1 comment: